Epiphone G-1275 Double Neck
Epiphone celebrates the 50th anyversary of the british invasion with the return of one of their most emblematic and original designs, the Epiphone G-1275 Double Neck 6/12 strings.
This guitar model was made famous in the 70’s by Jimmy Page who was the guitarist of Led Zeppelin. Also Don Felder, from the Eagles use one of this double neck guitars.
The Epiphone G-1275 Double Neck is the economic version of the Gibson EDS-1275. It weights 12.1 lbs which makes it a very unconfortable guitar to play stand up. Even if you are seating down and with the guitar between your legs, it will be unconfortable as well. Very few guitar players use this double neck guitars for more than two songs when playing live.
The Epiphone G-1275 Double Neck comes with a mahogany body and neck, a 1960s SlimTaper neck shape, a 24.75″ scale length, the neck is glued in the body, and it has a rosewood fingerboard with binding and with parallelogram pearloid inlays, 20 medium frets and a 12″ radius. For pickups, the Epiphone G-1275 Double Neck comes with 2 Alnico Classic Humbuckers (both neck and bridge) for the 12 strings neck and also for the 6 strings neck.
For the 12 strings neck the pickups are nickel covered, for the 6 strings neck, the pickups are open-coil nickel. You have a 3 way pickup selector for the 6 strings and 3 way pickup selector for the 12 strings, and then a 3 way selector to choose between the 12 strings neck, the 6 strings neck or both. It also comes with 2 volume knobs and 2 tone knobs, a tune-o-matic bridge, nickel hardware and Epiphone “Deluxe” machine heads with tulip buttons.
- Body: Select Mahogany
- Neck Shapes: 1960s SlimTaper™
- Neck Joint: Glued in
- Headstock: Clipped Ear
- Headstock Logo: Vintage Epiphone scroll in Pearloid
- Truss Rod Cover: Classic “Bell” black/white 2-layer
- Truss Rod Logo: “G-1275” in white on 12-string neck
- Scale Length: 24.75”
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood with Parallelogram inlays, Pearloid
- 12-String Pickups: Neck and Bridge, Alnico Classic™ Humbucker, Covered Nickel
- 6-String Pickups: Neck and Bridge: Alnico Classic™ Humbucker, Open-Coil Nickel
- 6-String Controls: 3-way pickup selector
- 12-String Controls: 3-way pickup selector
- Binding: Fingerboard-Ivory (single layer)
- Fingerboard Radius: 12”
- Frets: 20 medium
- Bridge: Tune-o-matic
- Tailpiece-6: Claw, positioned back
- Tailpiece-12: Claw, positioned back
- Hardware: Nickel
- Machine Heads: Epiphone “Deluxe” with Tulip Buttons, 18:1 ratio
- Pickguard: black/white 4-layer
- Pickguard Logo: Historic foil “E”
- Knobs: Black speed knob
- Output Jack: Epiphone non-rotating heavy duty ¼”
- Back Cover: Black
- Typical Weight (+/- 5%): 12.1 lbs
Of course, nothing that we or a video can say will be better than going to your local music shop and see and feel and test a Epiphone G-1275 Double Neck by yourself, nothing can be better than your own judgement. With our review, we try to help you make a decision but we always advise you to try the guitar by yourself before buying.
Check the videos below for more information and to hear the different sounds you can get from the Epiphone G-1275 Double Neck.