Epiphone Limited Edition Tommy Thayer “White Lightning” Les Paul
The Epiphone Limited Edition Tommy Thayer “White Lightning” Les Paul offers great tone and clarity from the JB pickups as expected. The real deal on this Les Paul is that the neck is a terrific shape of not being to skinny or to chunky. In between a Gibson 60’s and 50’s neck would be the best description.
The fretwork is set low and impecabbly finished all the way up the fretboard with absolutely no sharp fret ends. In the flesh its a stunner. As this is a limited edition, Epiphone has built only 1000 of this electric guitars so go grab one before they are gone.
The Epiphone Limited Edition Tommy Thayer “White Lightning” Les Paul comes with a mahogany body, a plain maple veneer top, and a glued in mahogany neck with a 1960s SlimTaper “D” profile shape. The truss rod is adjustable and the truss rod cover is made of metal in chrome color with “Tommy Thayer” legend engraved on it. The nut is made of PVC in pure white color. It also comes with a 24.75″ scale length, a rosewood fingerboard with pearloid trapezoid inlays, a 12″ radius and 22 medium jumbo frets.
The Epiphone Limited Edition Tommy Thayer “White Lightning” Les Paul comes with two Seymout Duncan JB, one in the bridge and one in the neck. The neck pickup is covered with chrome mounting rings, and the bridge pickup is open-coil with white bobbins. It has a Tune-o-matic bridge, nickel hardware, Grover Rotomatics machine heads, white “Top Hats” knobs with metal pointers and includes a custom white hard case.
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Top Material: Plain Maple Veneer
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Neck Shape: 1960’s SlimTaper™; D profile
- Neck Joint: Glued In; Deep-Set Neck Joint
- Truss Rod: Adjustable
- Truss Rod Cover: Chrome, Metal; Engraved “Tommy Thayer”
- Nut: PVC; Pure White
- Scale Length: 24.75″
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood with pearloid Trapezoid inlays
- Neck Pickup: Seymour Duncan® JB™ Humbucker; Covered with chrome mounting rings
- Bridge Pickup: Seymour Duncan® JB™ Humbucker; Open-Coil with white bobbins
- Fingerboard Radius: 12″
- Frets: 22; medium-jumbo
- Bridge: LockTone™ Tune-o-matic/Stopbar
- Nut Width: 1.68″
- Hardware: Nickel
- Machine Heads: Grover® Rotomatics™ : 18:1 ratio
- Pickguard: PVC; Chrome Color
- Knobs: White “Top Hats” with metal pointers
- Output Jack: Epiphone Heavy-Duty with chrome, metal jack plate
- Est. Production Quantity: 1,000 pcs
-Custom “White” Hard Case
-Hard Case (SKU = TBD)
-Case UPC = TBD
-Inspired by Custom Studded Leather Strap (like Tommy’s)
-Hand Signed Certificate of Authenticity
-Binder with certificate and photograph
-Truss Rod Wrench
-Epiphone Bumper Sticker
- Warranty: Epiphone Limited Lifetime
Of course, nothing that we or a video can say will be better than going to your local music shop and see and feel and test a Epiphone Limited Edition Tommy Thayer “White Lightning” Les Paul by yourself, nothing can be better than your own judgement. With our review, we try to help you make a decision but we always advise you to try the guitar by yourself before buying.
Check the videos below for more information and to hear the different sounds you can get from theEpiphone Limited Edition Tommy Thayer “White Lightning” Les Paul.