Gibson 2015 ES-Les Paul
The Gibson 2015 ES-Les Paul is the perfect marriage of Les Paul and ES-335. It yields powerful tones and a lightweight playing feel, courtesy of PAF-style MHS pickups, rounded ‘C’ neck profile, historic details and more. The Gibson ES-Les Paul 2015 has a 3 piece top and a 3 piece back (Maple, Poplar, Maple). The sound waves resonate within the hollow airspace of the Maple veneered Body, around the F-holes, and throughout the solid glue joints. It also comes with a mahogany neck with a rounded C profile and a rosewood fretboard, perloid trapezoid inlays. The rounded neck provides an ergonomic feel and the mahogany adds a rich tonal quality. The pickups are 2 MHS humbuckers, with a volumen and a tone control for each, an historically accurate “Patent Applied For” replica with airy tone and unbalanced coils.
The are 2 different colors to choose from (there are more colors available via the Gibson Custom Shop):
- Lemon Burst
- Heritage Cherry Sunburst
Characteristics of the Gibson 2015 ES-Les Paul:
- F-Hole emblem engraved truss rod cover: The iconic symbol of the Gibson ES line is now the hallmark of Gibson Memphis
- Redesigned neck dimensions: Added thickness to Peghead transition provides greater strength and stability
- Historic truss rod: Superior Adjustability due to the Teflon coating, larger diameter rod, original brass anchor and larger washer
- Bone nut: Bone for smooth tuning and excellent durability
- Rolled neck binding: Binding is rounded off to comfortably fit the contours of the player’s hand
- Low profile frets: Lower fret height provides smooth playability and accurate intonation
- New finish colors: New variations on your favorite vintage color schemes as well as all new, eye catching colors
- Capacitor changes: Less treble cut than previous capacitor results in a tone with a harmonically rich, singing quality
- MHS Humbucker Pickups: Our most accurate vintage PAF reproductions yet
Of course, nothing that we or a video can say will be better than going to your local music shop and see and feel and test a Gibson 2015 ES-Les Paul by yourself, nothing can be better than your own judgement. With our review, we try to help you make a decision but we always advise you to try the guitar by yourself before buying.