Gibson 2016 Firebird V T
Created by legendary automotive designer and visionary Ray Dietrich, the original 1963 Firebirds literally reversed conventional concepts for guitar bodies and headstocks. The Gibson 2016 Firebird V T packs all the sonic punch of the original with extras that elevate this guitar to the pinnacle of playability.
The Gibson 2016 Firebird V T comes with a mahogany body and a mahogany/walnut neck. It has no weight relief, the neck has a firebird profile, the Gibson 2016 Firebird V T also comes with a TekToid nut, 22 frets and a rosewood 12″ radius fingerboard.
The Gibson 2016 Firebird V T has trapezoid made of acrylic inlays, comes with a 495R humbucker pickup in the neck and a 495T humbucker pickup in the bridge, it also has a a volume and tone control for each pickup, Steinberger tunning machines, a stop bar tailpiece and a Tune-o-matic bridge. Finally, Gibson 2016 Firebird V T comes with a W/B/W with Red Firebird pick guard and a black gig bag.
The Gibson 2016 Firebird V T comes in only one color:
- Vintage Sunburst
Characteristics of the Gibson 2016 Firebird V T:
- Neck width: Historic 1 11/16″ neck width
- Nut: TekToid nut
- Tuners: Steinberger Gearless tuning keys
- Pickups: Traditional Firebird mini-humbuckers
- Body: Original neck-through-body construction
- Bridge: Tune-o-matic bridge with stopbar tailpiece
- Finish: Nitro Vintage Sunburst finish
- 9 ply mahogany-walnut neck: Classic nine-ply mahogany-walnut neck construction
- Inlays: Traditional trapezoid inlays
- Comprehensive setup: Comprehensive hand-finished setup
Of course, nothing that we or a video can say will be better than going to your local music shop and see and feel and test a Gibson 2016 Firebird V T by yourself, nothing can be better than your own judgement. With our review, we try to help you make a decision but we always advise you to try the guitar by yourself before buying.
Check the video below for more information and to hear the different sounds you can get from the Gibson 2016 Firebird V T.