PRS Alex Lifeson Thinline Signature Acoustic Private Stock
[box type=”shadow”] “During the 2013 Rush Clockwork Angels Tour, I had the opportunity to spend some time with a PRS Angelus Cutaway. It quickly became my pre-show warm up guitar, and I spent many hours in many hotel rooms lost in the gorgeous sound and tone of that beautiful instrument. I’m very happy to announce that I have collaborated with PRS to develop an Alex Lifeson Signature model based on this superlative platform. If you’re like me, you won’t be able to put it down,” – Alex Lifeson.[/box]
While the craftsmanship and attention to detail are very consistent with other PRS Private Stock acoustics, this instrument embodies some new design elements that take the instrument in a unique direction.
The PRS Alex Lifeson Thinline Signature Acoustic Private Stock is slightly thinner than the company’s Angelus Cutaway and Tonare Grand and is constructed in such a way that it lends itself to louder stage volumes and the rigors of the road. The PRS Alex Lifeson Thinline Signature Acoustic Private Stock features a bearclaw spruce top and koa back and sides with a mahogany neck and ebony bridge, fretboard, and headstock veneer.
It is adorned with Mother of Pearl and Paua “Birds in Flight” inlays and Paua purfling along the top, fretboard, and headstock veneer.
Born in the PRS Maryland shop, PRS Acoustics are heirloom-quality instruments with remarkable tone and exquisite playability. A small team of experienced luthiers handcraft all Maryland-made PRS acoustics with passion and attention to detail. The PRS Alex Lifeson Thinline Signature Acoustic Private Stock comes standard with the Matrix Infinity pickup and preamp system.
The Matrix Infinity is an undersaddle pickup with soundhole volume and tone controls, allowing for easily accessible adjustments. The LR Baggs Lyric system is also available as an option. The LR Baggs Lyric system is a featherweight microphone and hi-fidelity mic preamplifier with soundhole volume and presence controls.
- Shape: 15 1/2″ Cutaway
- Body Depth (at neck block): 3 1/4″
- Body Depth (at tail block): 3 3/4″
- Bracing: PRS X-Brace/Classical Hybrid Design
- Back Wood: Koa
- Side Wood: Koa
- Top Wood: Select European Bearclaw Spruce
- Top Purfling: Paua
- Top and Back Binding: Curly Maple
- Rosette: Spalted Maple/Paua
- Neck Wood: Peruvian Mahogany
- Neck Shape: Wide
- Truss Rod: PRS Double Action Truss Rod
- Number of Frets: 21
- Scale Length: 25 1/4″
- Nut Width: 1 3/4″
- String Spacing: 2 3/16″
- Fretboard, Headstock Veneer and Bridge Wood: Ebony
- Fretboard and Headstock Veneer Purfling: Paua
- Fretboard Inlays: Mother of Pearl “Birds in Flight”
- Headstock Veneer Inlay: Mother of Pearl and Paua Private Stock Eagle
- Nut: Bone
- Saddle: Bone
- Tuners: PRS Tuners
- Pickup/Preamp: Fishman Matrix Infinity Pickup and Preamp – Undersaddle pickup with soundhole volume and tone controls
- Optional Back and Side Woods: Brazilian
- Optional LR Baggs Lyric Acoustic Guitar Microphone: Featherweight internal microphone and hi-fidelity mic preamplifier with soundhole volume and presence controls
Of course, nothing that we or a video can say will be better than going to your local music shop and see and feel and test a PRS Alex Lifeson Thinline Signature Acoustic Private Stock by yourself, nothing can be better than your own judgement. With our review, we try to help you make a decision but we always advise you to try the guitar by yourself before buying.
Check the videos below for more information and to hear the different sounds you can get from the PRS Alex Lifeson Thinline Signature Acoustic Private Stock.