PRS Martin Simpson Private Stock Acoustic
[box] “The Martin Simpson signature model guitar is simply the result of the PRS team being truly attentive to the feedback of a player. I have felt privileged to be able to tell them what I think will make a better guitar for great acoustic playing, and they have listened to my input from materials to neck width and string spacing, pick up sound and inlays….and when the final model arrived, I was blown away by the results. This model is entirely the best materials, and the specs which I asked for, presented in a deluxe version. It is a great instrument made by people who care and strive always for the highest standards in tone, playability, workmanship and aesthetics.” – Martin Simpson.[/box]
Born in the PRS Maryland shop, PRS Acoustics are heirloom-quality instruments with remarkable tone and exquisite playability. A small team of experienced luthiers handcraft all Maryland-made PRS acoustics with passion and attention to detail.
The PRS Martin Simpson Private Stock Acoustic comes standard with our customized pickup system. The PRS Acoustic pickup system is a proprietary, full band width Piezo pick up that is combined with a proprietary 18 volt custom-voiced preamp.
- Shape: 15 1/2″ Cutaway
- Depth (At The Neck Block): 3 5/8″
- Depth (At The Tail Block): 4 1/2″
- Bracing: PRS X-Brace/Classical Hybrid Design
- Back and Side Woods: Private Stock Grade Cocobolo
- Top Wood: Select Adirondack Spruce
- Top Purfling: Green Select Abalone
- Top and Back Binding: Curly Maple
- Rosette: Curly Maple and Green Select Abalone
- Neck Wood: Peruvian Mahogany
- Neck Shape: “Martin Simpson”
- Strength Rod: High-Modulus Carbon Fiber
- Number of Frets: 21
- Scale Length: 25 1/4″
- Nut Width: 1.83″
- String Spacing: 2.36″
- Fretboard, Headstock Veneer and Bridge Wood: Ebony
- Fretboard and Headstock Veneer Purfling: Green Select Abalone
- Fretboard Inlays: Green Select Abalone “J” Birds
- Headstock Veneer Inlay: Private Stock Eagle
- Nut: Bone
- Saddle: Bone
- Tuners: PRS Tuners
- PRS Pickups System: Proprietary, full band width piezo pick up with a proprietary 18-volt custom-voiced preamp
- Optional Back and Sides: Brazilian
Of course, nothing that we or a video can say will be better than going to your local music shop and see and feel and test a PRS Martin Simpson Private Stock Acoustic by yourself, nothing can be better than your own judgement. With our review, we try to help you make a decision but we always advise you to try the guitar by yourself before buying.
Check the videos below for more information and to hear the different sounds you can get from the PRS Martin Simpson Private Stock Acoustic.