PRS Tony McManus Private Stock Acoustic
“It’s an ironic thing to say about such a beautiful instrument but it becomes invisible- leaving the player to concentrate solely on the music- which is what it should be all about. The Tony McManus signature model is based on the Angelus model but with the PRS wide fingerboard and the Private Stock wood choices are pretty spectacular.
The guitar is capable of going anywhere I’m capable of going musically. It works beautifully as a solo fingerstyle guitar but if I need to flatpick, it’ll go there too. It’ll accompany songs, tunes…whatever I need…tuned high and tuned low, gently caressed or driven hard.” – Tony McManus
Born in the PRS Maryland shop, PRS Acoustics are heirloom-quality instruments with remarkable tone and exquisite playability. A small team of experienced luthiers handcraft all Maryland-made PRS acoustics with passion and attention to detail. The PRS Tony McManus Private Stock Acoustic comes standard with our customized pickup system.
The PRS Acoustic pickup system is a proprietary, full band width Piezo pick up that is combined with a proprietary 18 volt custom-voiced preamp.
- Shape: 15 1/2″ Cutaway
- Depth (At The Neck Block): 3 5/8″
- Depth (At The Tail Block): 4 1/2″
- Bracing: PRS X-Brace/Classical Hybrid Design
- Back and Side Woods: Private Stock Grade Cocobolo
- Top Wood: Select European Spruce
- Top Purfling: Paua Heart
- Top and Back Binding: Curly Maple
- Rosette: Curly Maple and Paua Heart
- Neck Wood: Peruvian Mahogany
- Neck Shape: Wide
- Strength Rod: High-Modulus Carbon Fiber
- Number of Frets: 21
- Scale Length: 25 1/4″
- Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1 3/4″
- Fretboard, Headstock Veneer and Bridge Wood: Ebony
- Fretboard and Headstock Veneer Purfling: Paua Heart
- Fretboard Inlays: Paua Heart “J” Birds
- Headstock Veneer Inlay: Private Stock Eagle
- String Spacing: 2 3/16″
- Saddle: Bone
- Tuners: PRS Tuners
- PRS Pickups System: Proprietary, full band width piezo pick up with a proprietary 18-volt custom-voiced preamp
- Optional Back and Sides: Brazilian
Of course, nothing that we or a video can say will be better than going to your local music shop and see and feel and test a PRS Tony McManus Private Stock Acoustic by yourself, nothing can be better than your own judgement. With our review, we try to help you make a decision but we always advise you to try the guitar by yourself before buying.
Check the video below for more information and to hear the different sounds you can get from the PRS Tony McManus Private Stock Acoustic.